Educational technology great way to enhance learning. Consider ways that you learn best:
- Simple text describing something, perhaps a procedure
- Tip sheets listing the steps for an assignment, with illustrations
- Videos that capture someone's voice narrating the steps while going through them
We strive to support our faculty and staff members in the use of technology and best practices. Our staff and TAs are equipped to help you with the following products:
- Canvas: Canvas is our campus learning management system (LMS).
- Canvas Commons: Canvas Commons is a learning object repository (LOR) available directly through Canvas. Share course content with your department, colleagues, or the Canvas Community.
- GoogleDrive: Save documents in your GoogleDrive to easily access and share anywhere you have internet access.
- GoogleDocs, GoogleSheets, GoogleSlides: Share and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, or slideshows.
- GoogleForms: Create and distribute surveys or questionnaires quickly.
- Kaltura: A video and screen recording program within Canvas. How to Use Kaltura (for instructors)
- Respondus LockDown Browser: Browser restricts all computer activity except Canvas during an exam.
- Screen Recording Programs (especially free Screencast-o-matic)
- Smallpdf: Compress, split, merge, protect, or change PDFs.
We have several faculty studios available with equipment and software for video and audio recordings. To support faculty use of technology, a portion of the Title III grant has funded a full-service faculty studio, located in the basement of ESWC. A TA will record and edit your video content. Schedule a time to use the full-service Faculty Studio via SignUpGenius (not available for summer hours) or email@example.com. Note: Please plan in advance of your need as it can take 5-7 business days to edit and process these high-quality recordings.There two smaller, self-service faculty studios located in the Learning Commons. One of the studios is a simple "one-button" studio--plug in your flash drive, record, and eject your flash drive with the file on it. The other room has an editing computer with programs such as Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite, and iMovie. Each computer with "how-to" guides on each desk. If you need help understanding these programs before you record, contact our office, and we would be happy to assist you.